It’s been raining in KC most of this week, so we’ve had a lot of time to play inside as a family. Playing inside with littles can be…draining. I wanted to share some thoughts on making it through motherhood and of course some fun and flattering outfits to go along with the craziness! Please bring your sense of humor as you continue reading!
I love this off the shoulder dress, by Rebecca Minkoff. It doesn’t ride up when you are picking up and putting down your kiddos!
These Schutz Nude Heels are super flattering on the foot, and actually are really comfortable. I put them in my 3 to 5 hour wear friendly section in the closet. My all time FAV fringe booties have to be the Matisse Fringe Bootie. They are truly amazing! Lastly, the Steve Madden bow pumps dress up any outfit. I normally wear them with jeans and a neutral colored top.
A flowy high-waisted skirt is a MUST have this summer. I prefer one with a small slit to show off your summer tan. You could wear it with a fun top (white one pictured) or even as a swim cover up. Lastly, I don’t think I ever go to the pool without a hat. I adore this one from Target, also this Rag & Bone Raffia one found at Nordstrom. If you just want to buy one summer hat, this is the one to splurge on! I LOVE LOVE it!
5 FUNNY MOM MOMENTS/THOUGHTS: (sense of humor needed)
- I love spending time with my children except when they are sick, hungry, tired or annoying.
- Being a mom is worth every stretch mark, wrinkle, sleepless night AND bottle of wine!
- I’m pretty sure that my kids think the word NO means ask mom repeatedly until she either changes her mind or loses it!
- On rainy days, I imagine playing a new game with the kids…it’s called Duct, Duct, Tape… (only joking)
- All of us know that it’s not easy being a mom, if it were easy dads would do it.
Being able to laugh at the craziness of motherhood has really helped me get through some tough days. That and, 2 hours at the gym with a child center, retail-therapy, great friends and last but certainly not least WINE.
Hope you all enjoy the weekend!