KCFW S/S 2019 Trends
What a whirlwind week, but what an amazing one too! Although KCFW went really quick, I had a great time meeting new Kansas City influencers and designers. It’s such a busy few days, but I left feeling inspired. Not only with fashion, but inspiration for the younger generations to follow their dreams and be happy at whatever career they choose. I was inspired for my two little girls, that their future is what they make it, not what the world conforms it to become! I especially left feeling inspired by the amazing fashion and thought of new ways to incorporate the styles I saw on the runway into my own wardrobe. Most of the trends are too much for my basic, simple style to handle, BUT there are always a select group of staple trends I see on the runway that I want to bring into my everyday style. I’m so excited to share them with you NOW…
I attended the Kansas City Fashion Week Garden Party and had an absolute blast mingling with all the designers, influencers, models and photographers. Photos below are from the KCFW Garden KICK OFF Party!
The S/S 2019 Designers were truly remarkable this year. I attended the Wednesday and Saturday evening runway shows and events.
This year, I spotted a few trends on the runway that I was EXTREMELY excited about…
- Leopard is quickly becoming a neutral color and it’s here to stay for a while. I saw this print on shoes, dresses, tops and pants down the runway.
- Gold and Metallics will be featured on leggings, sneakers & jewelry this upcoming season.
- Whimsical looks are always a GO in my book and I love pairing 2 pieces that maybe don’t look like they were born in the same Era. For example, the white dress above is beautiful and your gut instinct says wear a heel BUT step outside the box this season and find a metallic sneaker or flat and really make a statement!
- Asymmetrical blazers or tops that add an element of Edge and also make for fantastic transitional pieces.
- Handbags that allow you to use your HANDS. Long straps and backpacks just make sense and now they make style sense! (Perfect for mom’s with little ones running wild).
- Lastly, HOT guys in Eddie Bauer gear that just happened to be on Season 13 of the hit show “The Bachelorette,” will always be in style. (Alex Bordyukov was such a good sport).
It was such an honor to attend KCFW this year! I was especially excited to work with the Rachel Roy team who styled me for the Saturday evening runway show. The RR Daya Romper was such a comfortable piece & I chose to pair it with this blazer and some leopard booties!
Trend pieces for this season & the next:
Thanks so much for reading,
Xox, Karlie (aylensblog)