New YOU in the New YEAR…are you tired of hearing that yet? 😉 As a family, we’ve decided to cut sugar from our diet, not completely but we’ve made some great changes! I’ve also decided to really focus during my workout classes and dedicate that hour to bettering myself so I can take care of my family the rest of the day. Besides these life changes in 2018, I wanted to get your feedback on procedures/beauty routine goals.
Okay gals, first of all, thanks to everyone who filled out the email survey! I had a TON of great feedback & I’m so excited to share all the answers with you from an expert in the medical/beauty field.
Side Note: The survey went out to a random selection, so if you didn’t receive one this time…you probably will next time. 🙂
These are the MOST asked questions from roughly 150 responses. You all said that you WANT to make a change in the New Year, but are hesitant because these questions haven’t been answered BY AN EXPERT…so here we go!
Here are the top questions asked in regards to Fillers:
1) How do Lip injections Work & About How Long Do They Last?
2) Do Lip Injections Look & Feel Natural?
3) Do Lip Injections Hurt? -Alot of girls commented that they know different techniques are available, but don’t understand the difference.
Here are the top questions asked in regards to Botox:
1) What Exactly is Botox?
2) How Long Does Botox Last (on average)?
3) Where Do You Go (Karlie) & Why Did You Start Going?
4) What Is the Biggest Advantage of Botox?
I plan to follow up with photos of my before & after Botox experience & possibly Lip Fillers, so this will be a 2 part series… YAY!
Part 1. Meet the Expert & get all your MOST asked questions answered.
Part 2. Watch ME & then take on the new you this new year with zero regrets!
Okay…let’s meet the expert & get these questions answered!
Kristen Kneidel, RN, BSN, joined the Monarch Plastic Surgery team in 2015 as an Aesthetic Nurse Injection Specialist. As a licensed nurse for 20 years, she has worked in a variety of settings including PACU, pain management, anesthesia, cardiology, and gastrointestinal nursing. She is licensed in both Kansas and Missouri.
Along with her extensive experience as a freelance makeup artist and beauty consultant, this combination of skills and artistic talents makes her uniquely qualified to help you look and feel your best. She uses Botox and Dysport to soften fine lines and wrinkles, demral fillers to give a more youthful appearance to the face, and Kybella to dissolve unwanted fat under the chin.
Kristen has a gentle, honest and caring approach, and her passion for aesthetics allows her to deliver natural, youthful results. On a more personal level, I was sooo scared to try Botox my first time & she made me feel super comfortable with the entire process. She is very caring & kind. I always look forward to my appointments with her. She has earned my COMPLETE trust, and that’s why I’m so excited to work with her & answer your questions…let’s get to that now! 😉
Let’s Talk LIPS…
1. Lip injections last anywhere from 6-12 months on average depending on what type of filler is used.
2. The injector is your artist, so be certain to seek out an injector you can trust. Ask questions and discuss realistic expectations. I love when clients bring in photos of lips they really like from magazines, celebrities so I can get a feel of what look they are after.
My philosophy is only pretty, natural results that translate well to family, friends and collegues. I want my clients to look like themselves, not overdone. Once the swelling in the lips diminishes post injection, the lips feel completely natural .
3. Lip injections don’t feel great, but I do a topical anesthetic on the lips prior to injections,as well as ice packs throughout the procedure to keep the client as comfortable as possible. All fillers I use also have a numbing agent in the product themselves as well, which helps keep discomfort down.
There are different techniques for lip fillers. I use two techniques including needle and a micro cannula. Micro cannula can cause less tissue trauma and therefore less swelling and discomfort. Be sure to ask your trained provider what techniques they have and would recommend for you for optimal results. There is always a risk of bruising with any injectable, so I recommend scheduling filler when my clients don’t have any big events scheduled a few days post injections. Also, if you are susceptible to cold sores, let your injector know ahead of time and they may choose to place you on an oral medication several days prior to lip filler to prevent an outbreak. Be sure to ask what medications or supplements to stay off of prior to your appointment to minimize bruising.
1 The FDA approved the use of Botox in 2002 for cosmetic use. It is a weak protein that allows softening of muscles. It is not an instant effect, but instead takes 10-14 days to see the full results post injections. It can be used to soften “furrow” lines between the brows, forehead lines, crow’s feet, and other areas in the face to add softness and lift.
2. Botox typically lasts 3-5 months but it does depend on each client and how fast they metabolize it.
3. You girls now know that I go to Kristen at Monarch Plastic Surgery in Leawood, KS. I trust her 100%! 🙂
4. Botox helps with aging & completely eliminated my furrow & forehead lines. I turned 30 last year & spend quite a bit of money on age-defying skin care products, but wanted to take it to the next effective level. This has been a game changer! Oh and I’m scared of needles…it doesn’t hurt! 😉
Did I mention that Kristen likes to have fun! She truly is amazing at what she does! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to message me or check out their website (here). I can’t wait to share some of my photos with you girls. The before & after results will BLOW YOUR MIND!
Thanks so much for stopping by!